My right knee hurts after I drive my car. Day to day and after exercise it is fine. When I bend my right knee slowly, I hear/feel a click.?

Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology

In brief: Knee pain

When you are in a seated position the patella (Knee cap) acts as a fulcrum. Your quadriceps attach to it.
In some people, the patella will slide laterally excessively and cause a kind of 'lock up' pain/click. See and orthopod for a good exam. There is a simple surgery to correct the problem.

In brief: Knee pain

Dr. Ronald Herring
Dr. Ronald Herring
Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Knee pain

Click may come from the patella being slightly misaligned over the knee.
More than likely when you drive your knee and heel are not lined up in that puts a strain on the ligaments along the side of the knee and can cause pain.

In brief: Knee pain

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine