What is meant by "chill seizure"?

Dr. Gamal Boutros
Neurology

In brief: Febrile seizures

These are common in children less than 5 when fever spike all of a sudden--most have no residual, normal developmentally--a small group of children presenting with atypical features like long duration, unilateral, have post ictal paralysis, strong family history continue to have seizures then it is epilepsy.

In brief: Febrile seizures

Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: No idea but ...

I would guess that the term is being used to describe the physiologic reaction during the seizure.
Some patients get chills or flushing or palpitations or other autonomic reactions associated with the seizure event. Gelastic seizures occur with laughter and even sexual arousal from a hypothalamic focus. Ask your neurologist for the reason for the term.

In brief: No idea but ...

Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine