How long do I need to wait before getting pregnant after a c-section?

Dr. Terrence Harris
In brief: It depends
Recent studies have shown that there is increased risk of uterine rupture at the end of a pregnancy if your due date is within 18 months of a prior c-section.
So, many will recommend you wait at least 9 months to get pregnant. However, recommendations will and should vary based on your surgical history. Always have a thorough discussion with your obstetrician about this first.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Terrence Harris
Dr. Terrence Harris
Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: Ask your OB
As your OB knows u and how the csection and post delivery went, i tell my pts i want them to wait at least 9 months before they start trying, u want that scar healed before u are pg again.

In brief: Ask your OB
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham