I have multiple nodules like around 20 and a large goiter in my thyroid. Last biopsy was three years ago. Unable to get follow up due to no insurace?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Follow up when u can

I assume the biopsy 3 years ago was benign (negative)? The risk of thyroid cancer is low, with each nodule having an apprx.
5% chance of cancer. Odds are good that u are dealing with a benign process but u should followup as soon as you can get insurance to have this re-evaluated. Look around to see what's available to u. There are clinics that give deep discount for self-pay or free at med school.

In brief: Follow up when u can

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Multiple Nodules Thy

What was the report of biopsy 3 years ago, and did you have blood test for tsh, t3, (liothyronine) T4 etc.
It is important to know the results from tests done 3 years ago you do need to follow up on the nodules, if you do not have resources to pay for it, apply for charity care at the nearest medical center, where they have free clinic one way or the other you have to be followed up, it is important.

In brief: Multiple Nodules Thy

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Samuel Freedman

In brief: Goiter

Multinodular goiter is likely due to hashimotos disease.
One or two big modules called"dominant" would be more concerning. There are public clinics out there. Also - most doctors take the best insurance - greenbacks. You should have a repeat scan as a minimum. These can be done in most endocrinologists offices and are cheaper than going to a facility. Good luck!

In brief: Goiter

Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Arnon Rubin