What are the possible complications of charcot-marie-tooth disease?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: See govt publication

You can find all the information you need at http://www.
Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0001741/.

In brief: See govt publication

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

In brief: I don't know

I don'r recognize the name.

In brief: I don't know

I don'r recognize the name.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Kini Tran
Dentistry

In brief: Weakness n Sensation

Complications of charcot-marie-tooth disease vary in severity from person to person, with foot abnormalities and difficulty walking generally being the most serious problems.
Muscle weakness may also increase, and injury to areas of the body with decreased sensation may occur.

In brief: Weakness n Sensation

Dr. Kini Tran
Dr. Kini Tran
Pathology

In brief: Thankfully few

This is a group of genetic diseases of greatly varying severity that damage the longest axons in the body, resulting in weakness especially in the lower legs and feet.
Only a minority of patients have significant discomfort. The disease spares all the other organ systems.

In brief: Thankfully few