Why is marijuana still illegal?

Dr. Peter Forster

In brief: Federal Law

Laws regulating cannabis and other drugs date back to the late 1800's and early 1900's.
Although many states have passed laws that attempt to eliminate criminal penalties for marijuana use, current federal law, the controlled substances act of 1970, still classifies cannabis as a schedule one drug.

In brief: Federal Law

Dr. Peter Forster
Dr. Peter Forster
Pathology

In brief: Mysterious

A cynical answer would be, "i don't know; i'm a doctor, not a politician.
" the drug was introduced to the usa by hispanic people and mainstream culture tends to fear and ban drugs favored by minority groups; and the laws are mostly the work of one militant. If there were a quick test for a stoned driver similar to the breathalyzer, my last concern would be gone. Just speaking for myself.

In brief: Mysterious

Dr. Vikram Patel