What can I do if I am have trouble holding in my stool after giving birth?

Evaluate. If you are having problems losing stool, something called rectal incontinence, you should see your OB dr for an evaluation. Your dr may refer you to a colon rectal surgeon if a repair is needed. Exercises are not very helpful here. Avoid foods that cause loose stools or excess gas.