Why should someone be screened for brain aneurysm?

Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Neurosurgery

In brief: Family history

If you have a family history of aneurysms or if you have polycystic kidney disease or a collagen disorder like marfan's disease, you should be screened.

In brief: Family history

Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Dr. Anthony Mosley
Neurology

In brief: Symptoms and exam

If one has a thunderclap headache (sudden abrupt onset within seconds of a very very severe "worst headache of my life"), it is standard to screen for an intravranial aneurysm that may have bled, especially if there are unusual findings on the neurologic exam. A strong family history of intracranial aneurysms might also trigger a workup, as would progressive neuorogic complaints and exam anomaly.

In brief: Symptoms and exam

Dr. Anthony Mosley
Dr. Anthony Mosley
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Usually family

History of cerebral aneurysm.

In brief: Usually family

History of cerebral aneurysm.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Eric Weisman