How long do scratches take to heal totally?

Dr. Greg Sexton
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Neosporin

Keep it clean. Often neosporin or other antibiotic creams will keep it moist and help healing, and minimize scarring.
After it is healed, applying topical silicone can help with the scar. Length of time for healing depends on the depth of the scratch and nutritional status.

In brief: Neosporin

Dr. Greg Sexton
Dr. Greg Sexton
Dr. Eric Lullove
Depending on where you live, wounds take anywhere from 14 days to 4 weeks to fully resolve. Wounds do not start to remodel until day 21. I agree with topical silicone once the wound has fully closed. I would avoid Neosporin for long useage (greater than 5 days) due to the skin reactivity to the neomycin. Keeping it clean with soap and water and not letting it "air out" will speed the healing process.
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Healing scratches

It depends on the type of scratches, the amount, the proximity to each other, the depth, and your ability to heal.
Expectations should be about 7-14 days for the body to heal the skin.

In brief: Healing scratches

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack