Elbow (olecranon) bursitis cause?

Trauma, infxn, gout. Most common cause is student's elbow, from the repetitive resting on one's elbow. Infections are also common especially if fever, redness or warmth are present. In people with gout, bursitis can happen here. A rheumatologist and orthopedist are specialists who diagnose and treat this.
Several causes. Olecranon bursitis has several different etiologies. Most common is aseptic bursitis, where the fluid is similar to synovial fluid. Second most common is from infection, and usually requires aspiration and culture to identify organism, and usually 3-4 weeks of oral antibiotics (based on culture). Occasionally, i see gout in the olecranon bursa.