What is the percentage of her2 breast cancer recurring after 3 years with 2 1/2 years on femara (letrozole). I want to stop the femara (letrozole) due to the side effects.?

Dr. William A Biermann
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Hard to say

Hard to say without more details.
You are lucky in a way to have a tumor that. Can be attacked with chemo, herceptin, (trastuzumab) and hormone blockade. Not all patients tolerate femara. There are other ai drugs and other options. Talk to your oncologist for options.

In brief: Hard to say

Hard to say without more details.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Femara (letrozole)

Or Letrozole is used for er+ cases, and is indicated in post-menopausal women to reduce relapse.
Her-2-neu tumors commonly are treated with trastuzumab/herceptin. Neither has many side effects, but each patient is different. I would not advise this without discussion with your oncologist to clarify terms, balance risks versus toxicity.

In brief: Femara (letrozole)

Dr. Adam Smith