Exactly why is it not advisable to take HGH for anti-aging? I'm looking for real answers not hype or histeria please. I believe its therapuetic!

Dr. Ward Dean
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Dose & Medico Legal

I agree that gh can be very therapeutic-- even though it does not affect the aging process itself.
Nevertheless, it can have many beneficial effects (increase lean body mass, reduce body fat, increase energy, enhance immunity, etc). However, most states frown on using it for anything other than "adult growth hormone deficiency." make sure that's your diagnosis.

In brief: Dose & Medico Legal

Dr. Homeira Izadi
In general, we check IGF1 level, if low along with symptoms of growth hormone deficiency, we do a provocative test to prove that the patient is not able to produce it on his own ( adult growth hormone deficiency), then start replacing it and enjoy all benefits. It is FDA approved when prove the deficiency by symptoms and confirmatory provocative test.
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Risk

Everything we do to our bodies has a risk/benefit and that balance is what determines whether we should do it.
I just reviewed a quick list that had 44 listed documented side effects from hgh with some potentially dangerous. It can also interact or complicate other diseases. It's your body though, so it's your choice. I would work closely with your doctor to ensure it's as safe as possible.

In brief: Risk

Dr. Ward Dean
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine