What vaccine should my husband get before the baby is born to prevent whooping cough?

Tdap . I find few adults today have actually kept up with pertussis immunity as the vaccine was just cleared for adults a few years ago. Today we try to surround a newborn with immunized family that can't give them pertussis or the flu before they start the vaccines at 2mo. This includes all grandparents too.
Tdap. Whooping cough is caused by the germ pertussis. In older children and adults the disease is usually just an annoying cold. We vaccinate the older population to reduce the spread to infants. Infants can cough seriously for weeks after infection - even after antibiotics. Cough can be so hard it can cause bleeding in the brain. Smart to take steps to prevent exposure to your baby!
Tdap. He should get tdap. This is a tetanus shot that also has acellular pertussis in it or otherwise protects him against whopping cough. This will protect your baby against getting whopping cough from his/ her father until the baby gets protected by its own immunizations. Whopping cough is making a comeback, so this is an important thing to get done. Great question!
DtaP booster. Thank you for your very relevant and important question. You do not need a booster; you will be covered for another 8 years and your baby will be safe when born.Your husband and other family members who your baby will be frequently exposed to should receive the booster if they haven't had the vaccine in the last 10 years. As well as the influenza vaccine by sept or oct. Baby will need it at 6 mos.