How can I soothe sore breasts after giving birth?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Cooking oil
While there are lots of remedies, the one that worked the best for me was cooking oil.
It is edible and easily absorbed into the skin. I would apply a small dab on the nipples after nursing. Worked really well.

In brief: Cooking oil
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Lynne clark
Breast Surgery
In brief: Cabbage leaves
Putting cold cabbage leaves on your breasts inside your bra may help to relieve the discomfort .
It may also help if you develop mastitis which is an infection some women get while breast feeding. Even if you choose not to breast feed the cabbage leaves will help your breasts feel better as they go through the changes after giving birth. There are different opinions how long to use them 2 hours.

In brief: Cabbage leaves
Dr. Lynne clark
Dr. Lynne clark
Dr. Jane Van Dis