Does having strong sexual urges mean you miss you're partner?

Dr. James Heid

In brief: Not necessarily

Do not confuse hormonal tides with love and longing.
Sex is a very enjoyable act, and in someways, very addicting. Desiring to have sex again with someone is not the same as having a relationship built on emotional connection and commitment. Strong sexual urges are common during ovulation - a time to be extra careful about birth control if you are not wanting to become pregnant.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. James Heid
Dr. James Heid
Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Maybe

The "sexual urge" is driven by so many factors.
I often say to patients your sex organ is between your ears.But there are biochemical influences, environmental issues and lastly , and possibly most important, emotional issues.If your body is used to frequent sex it may well tell you so.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Marsha Davis