Which liver function test indicates viral hepatitis?

Hepatitis Panels. Liver function tests are not really used to diagnose viral hepatitis, but elevated ast, alt, ggt, alkaline phos, bili can indicate "something" is wrong and needs evaluation::. Hepatitis panels for anti-bodies, core anti-bodies, and antigens for each of the different types of hepatitis (a, b, c, etc.) are used to indicate whether viral hepatitis is present and the severity/length of the infection.
No specific one. Liver function tests, which usually are composed of bilirubin, ast, alt and alkaline phosphatase, are non-specific indicators of liver health. These can be elevated in a variety of diseases, some of which are viral hepatitis, but can also be affected by other noxious processes. Only tests that measure the virus or response to the virus specifically can tell if you have or had viral hepatitis.