My husband has toenail fungus, is there an easy way to get rid of it besides going to the doctor?

Probably not. I am unaware of any over the counter product that has great success...If you can find formula 3 online it is used twice daily and if it has not resolved the issue within 6 months it likely won't...The dr can do a nail biopsy testto determine if it is a fungus, yeast, mold, or bacteria...They are not all treated the same and there is no product that kills all four...Sorry.
Likely not. As oral meds and or laser are the most effective treatments.
No. Toenail fungus (onychomycosis) is a common condition but very difficult to eliminate without professional treatment.Many other nail diseases mimic nail fungus. Only a professional can properly diagnose you. Prescription topical medications are of limited success. Oral medications have a better outcome. Laser therapies are being used more often, but with mixed results so far.