Prozac (fluoxetine) weight fluctuation common? Expected to lose weight.

In brief: Not very common

Prozac (fluoxetine) is supposed to be weight neutral.
I have seen people gain and lose weight on it, but i suspect the weight change is from changes in their depressive symptoms. Remember, depression can cause changes in appetite either lowering or increasing, so if you're getting better, appetite should move toward normal.

In brief: Not very common

Dr. James Saccomando
Dr. James Saccomando
Dr. Douglas Laipple

In brief: Yes.

Many people tend to lose weight when they first start to take prozac, (fluoxetine) but within a few months, that effect is gone, sometimes replaced by considerable weight gain.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Douglas Laipple
Dr. Douglas Laipple