What is the most common treatment to get rid of tonsil stones?

4 common treatments. 4 common treatments: 1) gargle/water pick to wash the debris away - temporary 2) treat with long course of antibiotics (6 weeks) many times is effective (may recur) 3) treat for acid reflux as an underlying condition leading to chronic inflammation and tonsil enlargement 4) surgery (permanent).
Tonsilliths - no fun. The best way i know of, that helps some but not all, is to get a water pik water flosser from the toothbrush aisle or online and use it to "pressure wash" your throat up to 2x a day as needed. That can sometimes pop out existing tonsilliths (tonsil stones) and prevent new ones from forming, and help bad breath and sore throat. Having your tonsils out should be a last resort.