Can I take Mucinex (guaifenesin) dm and Vicks nyquil together?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Mucinex (guaifenesin) dm/nuquil to

It is not a good idea to take them together nyquil is only night time medicine for cold and cough, it helps you sleep at night as it contains sedating antihistamines, dextromethorphan, acetaminophaen and alcohol and mucinexdm cntains dextromethorphan and guafenacin there can be too much of dextromethorphan and if taken day time will be too sedating.
So it is not a good idea in my opinion.

So it is not a good idea in my opinion.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Should be OK.

Mucinex (guaifenesin) is an expectorant called guanefesin while nyquil is a combination of pain reliever, cough suppressant, antihistamine/hypnotic, and nasal decongestant.
You probably should not take Mucinex (guaifenesin) if you have an allergy to guanefesin, and you should be aware that it can make you drowsy so watch out if you drive, etc.. Liklely, so can nyquil. Before starting both of these, check with your doctor.

In brief: Should be OK.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology