Back surgery - spine ortho vs neurosurgeon?

Ortho biased. As an orthopaedic surgeon, i feel our 5yrs of residency plus fellowship training in spine surgery, give us an advantage in treating spinal problems. We are well versed in biomechanics, bone healing and metabolism, as well as biomaterials. Our knowledge base is grounded in musculoskeletal care, which includes bone, joint, muscle, nerve, ligament, tendon and skin.
I prefer fellowship . Spine fellowship training neurosurgery or ortho good choice neurosurgery more experienced in general with neural tumors than ortho my opinion.
Both are ok. Both neurosurgeons and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons treat spinal disorders. It is worth your time to learn about your surgeon before considering surgery. Hopefully, your primary care doctor can help to point you in the right direction. The most important thing to do is to make sure that the surgeon you choose has expertise in treating your problem. Check out healthgrades.Com.