Herniated disc means I am unable to walk due to weakness and pain in right leg and foot , I am on lots of medication but nothing stops the weakness and I am having to use a wheelchair for getting around or crutches for less than fifty metres, can anything

Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Spine Specialist

If you have a documented disc herniation with progressive weakness of the lower extremity muscle(s) associated with the damaged nerve(s), you should go see a spinal surgeon now.

In brief: Spine Specialist

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. James Heid

In brief: Steroid injection

You should consider a shot called an epidural steroid injection.
This is a way to place some anti-inflammatory steroid right next to the irritated nerve. This may help.' if this does work, but not last, this may mean that surgery would help you.

In brief: Steroid injection

Dr. James Heid
Dr. James Heid
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology

In brief: Surgery?

You sound as if you need to have steroid injection or even surgery contact a neurologist.

In brief: Surgery?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery