Why does my child have baby acne?

Hormones. Changes in hormone levels cause baby acne. This is not dangerous, not permanent, does not need treatment and generally does not scar. It should generally clear up by about 3 months.
Mommy hormones. Moms have a ton of girl hormones going on at the end of pregnancy. These make it over to baby and essentially make baby feel like a 12 year old girl going thru puberty. Acne, breast buds, vaginal discharge and even pseudo-periods are common in new babies because of this phenomenon. Most will go away by 3-6 months.