How long after getting my wisdom teeth removed do I have to wait to eat regular food?

Dr. Giri Palani
Dentistry

In brief: Not too long

You should be able to start eating regular food as tolerated within the first week.
Unless your dentist has specified a particular amount of time.

In brief: Not too long

Dr. Giri Palani
Dr. Giri Palani
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Not long at all

Usually after 5-7 days you could be back to regular foods.
I assume eating full solids. The first 2 days, patients are on liquids and soups. Over the next few days, a soft diet is tolerated. After 1 week, then expect a regular diet.

In brief: Not long at all

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: When you want to

After undergoing dental extractions you may want to start out with soft foods and gradually advance your diet to a regular diet as you are able to tolerate it.
You should use caution when eating certain foods if your mouth is still numb from the local anesthesia.

In brief: When you want to

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon

In brief: Just a bit

Usually patients are back to a regular diet within a week.

In brief: Just a bit

Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry

In brief: As soon as you want.

Following any extraction you can eat when you feel like it.
It is important to keep up your strength. Just don't eat things that are coarse or crunchy or sharp. Like carrots, potato chips or nuts. Just kind of soft things cause once it all wakes up you will be sore and tender. Just keep hydrated and do eat.

In brief: As soon as you want.

Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Cindy Juster