Can I still floss my teeth if I have bleeding gums?

Dr. Giri Palani
Dentistry

In brief: Bleeding gums

The number one cause of bleeding gums is inflammation and infection.
Increasing your oral hygiene efforts and flossing more may help stop the bleeding. It may take 4-8 days to see the results. If bleeding of the gums do not stop after 8 days, you should consult your dentist immediately.

In brief: Bleeding gums

Dr. Giri Palani
Dr. Giri Palani
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Please Do

You need to floss and brush more and/or better if you have bleeding gums.
That is a sign of inflamation and the only way to get rid of it is to clean it better. If you don't it gets worse, not better. See your dentist if it has been awhile since your last cleaning.

In brief: Please Do

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Frank Berman
a build up of tarter (dental calculus) below or above the gumline that cannot be removed by the floss will keep your gums bleeding...check with your dentist for your gum condition which could lead to tooth loss.
Dr. Srijan Mehta
General Practice

You must get a through cleaning as there should be no bleeding from gums at your age .
But to answer your question you def can floss as long as the technique of flossing is right.

Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Srijan Mehta
Dr. Cindy Juster