What are the indications of a staph infection from a tattoo?

Mostly red with pain. Symptoms of any infection, whether it is staph or otherwise, usually include swelling, redness, and pain. Staph infections often also have a honey-colored crust on the skin surface. It is best to have any area you suspect is infected evaluated by a physician.

Related Questions

I have a mild nasal staph infection. Would it be safe for me to get a tattoo.

Very low risk. Staph infection of nose likely due to colonization of staph bacteria in skin, so there is a chance tattoo procedure can cause exposure of the bacteria to blood resulting dissemination of bacteria through blood to different organ. However, that is very rare. Probably you can have tattoo if you accept low risk. Alerternately, you can decolonize the infection with antibiotic soap.

I'm worried that I might be developing a staph infection I recently got tattooed and over the last 24 hours I have been developing red sores that have become white heads in the middle. It started as one but now I have over 10 all in the area around my tat

I. I think you may be right. Go see a doctor. Topical antibiotics have a limited use, especially when treating mrsa. You have to remember that antibiotics are not antiseptics. They do not kill bacteria on contact. They have to incubate with the bacteria to prevent the bacteria from having babies. The only interaction a topical antibiotic has with bacteria is a thin surface area, and any "incubation" only lasts 20 minutes or so. You should have these pustules cultured, and be taking an oral antibiotic. You may also want to report your infection to the local health department. If the tattoo place is not sterilizing their instruments, you'll be helping countless others by reporting them.

What natural remedy can be use for staph infection on a fresh tattoo?

Probably not. There is no "natural remedy" likely to help. If the infection is superficial, just keeping it clean and dry may be sufficient. In that case, a natural product may seem to work but it's just normal healing. Any non-antibiotic product that moisturizes the area (creams, ointments) may make things worse. Best to see a doctor (with science-based training) for professional advice.