Why are premature baby girls more likely to live than their male counterparts?

Dr. Kevin Rodbell
In brief: Are they really?
"the devil's in the details.
" boys are more likely to be born prematurely, and they are more likely to be small for gestational age. All other things being equal, there does appear to be a small gender gap. Research continues, yet we still don't really know why. I would submit that ours is to pray for healthy, full-term babies, and to appreciate what g-d sends us, however small, boy or girl.

In brief: Are they really?
"the devil's in the details.
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
In brief: Its the genes
The prevailing thought is females are sturdier at every point in life.
Premi males are more likely to have delay in their lung maturity at any week of pregnancy.Good lungs can go a long way in avoiding problems of prematurity, no incubater is ever better than a womb & once out the weaker the lungs the more extra problems are likely to surface. I'm releaved some if the pending premi i face is a girl.

In brief: Its the genes
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
In brief: Sex discrimination
Girls are genetically stronger than boys.

In brief: Sex discrimination
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey