I have 7 stitches in my right knee just below my knee cap after falling on a trail run yesterday. Swelling/bruising is minimal. Can I run today?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Not recommended

The risks of vigorous activity after stitches is having the stitches tear out opening the wound.
Better to walk and do gentle stretching. See your doctor for a wound check and if you continue to be concerned.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. David Sax
Dermatology

In brief: Probably not.

For optimal wound healing it would be best to allow 2 weeks for the laceration to heal.
Running may cause strain on the wound, possibly causing the stitches to break, and the wound to reopen.

In brief: Probably not.

Dr. David Sax
Dr. David Sax