When should I transition from nursing to bottle feeding?

8-15 months. Breast feeding is nutrition +nurturing & while baby needs the nutrition they may not want the cuddle time after they begin to explore their world. If baby cuts feeds short& wants to get down & explore, they are starting a natural weaning process. If able to handle a hard nose sippy cup, try to move to the cup rather than a bottle. Either way, baby may want to carry their feed while exploring.
12 months. The american academy of pediatrics recommends breast feeding until one year of age. Although this is the ideal, it is not always possible. Try to breast feed your baby for as long as possible. Your breast milk is rich in nutrients, immunities, and has been shown to help protect children from high cholesterol problems later in life.