Is the meningococcal immunization the same as a meningitis shot?

Maybe. Maybe - but there are many forms of meningitis and several different shots for different types of meningitis. Meningococcal meningitis is one form of bacterial meningitis and there is a vaccine for it, but there are others as well, such as prevar, acthib, pedvax, etc...
Not Exactly. There are several available immunizations that help prevent diseases that may cause meningitis.The hib, Prevnar (pneumococcal vaccine) and Meningococcal vaccines are examples of these.