What causes my stools to be yellow?

In brief: Med eval

Yellow stool, especially if light in color can be caused by problems with the liver or gallbladder. Gastroesophageal reflex, celiac disease, intestinal inflammatory disease and malabsorption can also be causes.
I recommend that you contact your physician so that this can be evaluated.

In brief: Med eval

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Stool color

Decomposed bile, which is originally green, gives stool its yellow color. Having said that, green stool may mean that bile has rushed through the intestines without being acted on by bacteria like during diarrhea.
Another cause of green color is unabsorbed iron in the diet.

In brief: Stool color

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia