Is rheumatoid arthritis worse in summer?

Not well studied. To my knowledge, I've not read that rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms are better or worse in any season. There have been some recent studies suggesting that the change in barometric pressure may effect some types of arthritic symptoms. However this is not specific to RA.
Not usually. Many things can contribute to an exacerbation of your arthritis. Heat usually helps with joint complaints, but weather changes can worsen symptoms.
Not usually. Most people with rheumatoid arthritis report that their symptoms get worse in the winter and more people are diagnosed in the winter months. Of course, it's possible that your disease gets worse in the summer.