Is 21 years old too young for my daughter to get screened for breast cancer?

Yes. Mammography screening does not begin until age 40 unless you were diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age (before 35). At 21, the breasts are too dense to show anything on mammogram. If she has a abnormal lump, then she should see her doctor for evaluation. In some cases an ultrasound can be used.
Too young for mammog. 21 years old is too early for a screening mammogram. However it is a good idea to do monthly self examinations and yearly clinical breast exams. In special circumstances such as strong family history or positive brca test screening mammogram starts sooner than the usual 35-40 years of age. In these circumstances make sure to discuss the issue with your physician.