How?Many years of school ?Does it take to become an oral surgeon?

Dr. James Wallace
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Minimum of 12 years

Oral & maxillofacial surgery is a specialty of dentistry.
After 4 years of college you must complete 4 years of dental school . After dental school you must complete 4 years of internship and residency training in omfs. All residency programs today include medical training and about one half those residency programs award a medical degree (md) upon completion (with 2-3 years additional training).

In brief: Minimum of 12 years

Dr. James Wallace
Dr. James Wallace
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Minimum of 12

After high school, you need to go to college, then dental school for 4 years, then a residency of 4 years.
Some people will only go to college for 3 years before dental school. Some oral surgeons, like myself, also get a medical degree, so that can add another 2 years.

In brief: Minimum of 12

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Keegan Duchicela