How can I get myself to stop over-eating and exercise more?

This is not easy. for a lot of people. Find a wellness-focused physician. Together with your doctor, make a plan for healthy eating, exercise, stress reduction, spirituality, and self-actualization. Realize that taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do not only for yourself, but also for all those who care about you. Now make it happen!
Therapist. You may have some psychological resistance to this, and seeing a good clinical psychologist may provide some insight and solution to problems, or perhaps you are just lazy.