Is it possible to become pregnant with pid?

Dr. Christopher Powers

In brief: Possible

It's possible, but less likely, particularly if the PID has caused your fallopian tubes to swell and/or scar, blocking egg and sperm transport.
Particularly severe pid, moreover, is likely to cause a miscarriage. I'm not sure why your question, but if the issue is should you try pregnancy while suffering from pid, absolutely not. Immediately seek care and a cure, then pursue pregnancy.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Audrey Lance
Gynecology

It is possible.
PID does damage the fallopian tubes, so people who have a history of PID will often have trouble getting pregnant, but it is not impossible. A history of PID also increases the risk for having an ectopic or tubal pregnancy. Sometimes women who have had PID will require IVF to become pregnant.

It is possible.
Dr. Audrey Lance
Dr. Audrey Lance
Dr. Adam Smith