I have a toddler with diarrhea. What can I give him to eat.?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Diarrhea

Keeping your toddler well hydrated is of prime importance.
If there are fewer than 4 loose stools a day and provided there is no vomiting, continuing a regular diet is advisable. Once the loose stools become more frequent than 4 a day, it is advisable to stop milk and most foods except rice and bananas and start offering an electrolyte solution like pedialyte or rice water at room temperature.

In brief: Diarrhea

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Samuel Freedman

In brief: Diarrhea

If he is not vomiting, give him grates apple high in pectin, and/ or mashed banana high in kaolin.
Some doctors recommend a "bratt " diet - banana, rice, apple, tea and toast.

In brief: Diarrhea

Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Vicken Poochikian