I'm 33 years old and when I was in my 20's I abused alcohol, lately whenever I have a drink socially I get the worst pain in my stomach. Why?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Irritation

Regardless of what you did in your 20s, it sounds like your stomach is telling you something! i would worry about direct irritation called gastritis, or even ulcer disease.
Drinking socially is of course something that needs to be explored as it can be a lot or a little. With the pain being so severe, it would be good to talk with your physician, especially with what you shared of your past use.

In brief: Irritation

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Arnon Rubin