Is it dangerous to have pink eye ?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Pink eye

The usual form of pink eye termed conjunctivitis, is a viral illness with a discrete lifespan of 3-10 days.
There is little danger as the body is effective at ridding itself of this pest. The major danger is "social" as you are at risk of spreading this to your friends and colleagues who will not appreciate that at all.

In brief: Pink eye

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Victor Bello
Ophthalmology

In brief: Pink Eye

Pink eye is a problem. It is only a term that says the eyes are reddish pink.
Usually due to a mild viral infection, the eyes may become "reddish pink" in other severe conditions, like uveitis, acute glaucoma. Therefore, a diagnosis by an ophthalmologist is essential. I have seen patients who have been diagnosed with "pink eye" in emergency rooms. Iritis was the correct diagnosis. In short yes!.

In brief: Pink Eye

Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. Victor Bello