Is hepatitis C an std?

Is a "possible" STD. One can catch hepatitis c from an infected person by getting the infected person's blood into oneself by activities such as: sharing needles during drug abuse, accidental needle-sticks, being born to a hepc+ mother, sharing razors or toothbrushes, or having sex. Transmission of hepc virus during sex can happen, but is uncommon, so hepc is usually not called an std.
Rare. Hepatitis c virus (hcv) infection is the most common chronic bloodborne infection in the U.S. And is spread primarily by blood-to-blood contact associated with intravenous drug use, poorly sterilized medical equipment and transfusions. Whereas hepatitis b is commonly transmitted sexually (moreso than hiv), sexual transmission of hcv is controversial and considered to occur rarely.