Is benzethonium chloride a safe mouthwash to use to kill chronic bad breath caused by tonsil stones?

Probably not. That compound usually isn't used as a mouthwash, and if the bad breath is indeed caused by tonsil stones (tonsilliths), it probably won't work. See your local ent. If your bad breath is due to chronic tonsilliths, tonsillectomy may be the best answer.
Bad idea. I instead of trying to mask your bodies cry for help, go see an otolaryngologist (ear, nose & throat specialist). Get the problem fixed.
Probably not. It is safe, but it doesn't get down to the tonsils.
Yes. Benzethonium chloride is a manufactured chemical used in detergents, deodorants, astringents, topical antiseptics, cold sterilization techniques and spermicides. It also kills mrsa. So theoretically it should work, but contact with oral mucosa will cause dryness and irritation, this may not be a good solution for the long run.