Is bacterial vaginosis sexually transmitted?

No. Bacterial vaginosis or BV is not a sexually transmitted disease. It is simply a shift or alteration in the normal vaginal flora causing irritation, vaginal discharge, or foul odor. Antibiotics are given to treat bv.
No. It is normal to have bacteria living in your vagina that do not cause any symptoms or problems. Bacterial vaginosis develops when the bacterial composition of the vagina changes, causing a foul smelling discharge. Though it is not a sexually transmitted disease, risk factors for acquiring bacterial vaginosis include multiple or new sexual partners, douching, and cigarette smoking.
Maybe yes, maybe no. The causes of BV aren't known; sexual transmission probably explains some cases. BV risk rises with all the things we associate with STDs: multiple partners, new partner, presence of other STDs, and so on. In lesbians, if one partner has BV, the other ALWAYS gets it once they share vaginal fluids. OTOH, many with BV have none of these risks, and treating male partners doesn't prevent reinfection.