If you have had meningitis, can you still have a baby?

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Recovery

Once you have recovered from meningitis and have returned to good health, you should be able to have a succesful pregnancy.

In brief: Recovery

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer

In brief: Don't see why not

After the infection has been managed and the germ eliminated, most patients can go on about a normal life although some have reminders like deafness or other residual pbs.
I see no reason for a fertile man or women to avoid pregnancy due to a history of meningitis. Once cured you will not pass it to baby and babies risk for it in their lifetime will be that of the population in general.

In brief: Don't see why not

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham