What can I eat if I have the stomach flu?

In brief: Stay hydrated

Start w clear liquid like water, slightly flattened soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks.
Sip, sip, sip. Work up to solids w bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy & high fat foods. Rest.

In brief: Stay hydrated

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Stomach flu

The current medical literature emphasizes that you should eat as close to your nomal diet as possible during this illness, if you can (and assuming your usual diet is a healthy one).
They used to advise just clear liquids, but this leads to nutritional depletion and longer time to recovery. Nausea and vomiting are what usually limit the ability to eat. So eat a good diet as soon as you can.

In brief: Stomach flu

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr