What are some good tips for home care of a baby with rsv?

Dr. Janesta Noland

In brief: Suction

I agree with dr. Roberts - lots of suction with saline to loosen the mucus.
Some babies with rsv-induced bronchiolitis will wheeze and some will improve with asthma medicines. Your doctor may recommend that. The copious mucus can be really problematic, though, and getting that loose (with saline, with warm baths, or with a humidifier) and get it out may be the most helpful.

In brief: Suction

Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Lisa Roberts

In brief: Saline, suction

Probably the most helpful interventions you can offer your baby is to provide plenty of nasal saline (over-the-counter salt water solution available in a spray or dropper).
Also using a bulb syringe to gently suction the nasal secretions will help your baby to breathe better. A cool mist humidifier in the bedroom is helpful. Also sleeping a bit upright (eg. In a carseat or swing) is beneficial.

In brief: Saline, suction

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts