How long does it take to recover from a tummy tuck?

Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 4-6 weeks

I usually recommend to my patients to go at least 4-6 weeks after a tummy tuck before any vigourous exercise or strenuous activity.
After that, most patients report that they fully feel like themselves in about 2-3 months.

In brief: 4-6 weeks

Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 4-6 weeks

If you are having repair of your rectus sheath you should give full 6 weeks for its healing.
If you are not having muscle repair you can get back to your activity by 4 weeks.Preferrably 6 weeks.

In brief: 4-6 weeks

Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Varies...

Tummy tuck operations vary in extent and people recover at differing rates to return to differing activities.
This is amongst the reasons that good follow-up is important in tummy tuck surgery. Most people are back to light activities in a week or so, but heavy activities and working out can be "off the menu" longer.

In brief: Varies...

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends on type

There are at least 10 different types of tummy tucks (witch hazel) and the procedure you undergo will have great impact on the extents surgery as well as the recovery.
Please see this link for a desription of the four most popular techniques: http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=djmer5b5bx4&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

In brief: Depends on type

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Alan Durkin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Usually about 2 weeks, with full exercise at 6 weeks.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery