Can you combine ativan and remeron (mirtazapine)?

Yes. Ativan (lorazepam) is a benzodiazepine tranquilizer, and Remeron (mirtazapine) (mirtazepine) is a sedating snri antidepressant. The combination can lead to excess sedation, especially when taken in high doses. But in most cases it's tolerated well.
Ativan with Remeron. Ativan is a medication for Anxiety. Remeron is a medication for Depression. Using Ativan with Remeron may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. The elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. Discuss with Psychiatrist: •Diagnosis of Anxiety, Depression or both •Side effects, Interactions •Therapy.