When will the swelling go down after umbilical hernia repair surgery?

Swelling post-op. Swelling occurs after any type surgery, including hernia surgery. This swelling gets maximal over the first day or so. It normally takes a few weeks for most of the swelling to disappear. It may take 6-8 weeks for the swelling to completely dissipate.
~1-2 weeks. It depends on how the surgery was done. Swelling is greater and lasts longer if surgery was done open (single larger incision), if the hernia was larger, and if the surgeon had to dissect more into the fatty tissues of the abdominal wall. For most umbilical hernia repairs, swelling should be much improved by 1-2 weeks after surgery.
Soon. Usually local swelling around the surgical site resolves over 1 to 3 weeks depending on the size of the surgical repair needed.