What OTC eye drops help with red eyes?

Depends on the cause. There are many causes of redness of the eyes. Several types of inflammatory conditions, allergic reactions, detergents, chemicals, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause redness of the eyes. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Depends. This depends on the reason for the redness. Generally, it is best to avoid drops which advertise whitening of the eye. These drops contain drugs which constrict the blood vessels on the surface of the eye which can lead to problems with chronic use. Artificial tears are safe in all circumstances. Your best bet is to see your eye doctor to determine the cause of the redness first.