What is the best diet for a pre-schooler with autism spectrum disorder?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Healthy.

Autism kids often are very selective about their food choices according to texture, taste, or smell.
Try to provide a healthy diet for your spectrum child. Be patient as they work through their food idiosynchrocies. There no dietary treatments that help autism.

In brief: Healthy.

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Check into the GAPS diet. Diets don't work for every child, but they do help some. You never know until you try. But try to be informed and use the guidance of an experienced provider or parent mentor.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: I gotta say it !

One without chicken nuggets.
Seriously, a study on nutrients in children with autism is available to you. See my comment. Clinically, i see a higher incidence of obesity in my "hate the greens, love the whites" patients with asd's. Tanya stegen-hanson, an excellent ot here in lv, wrote a good book, "just one more bite, " available on amazon. I have no financial interest in its sales.

In brief: I gotta say it !

One without chicken nuggets.
2 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
The app for the journal PEDIATRICS , now available to the public, has the Nov. 2012 supplent on Autism, with an article on nutrients.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster